Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Does God give people diseases?

Many times when someone is diagnosed with a disease they blame God; blaming God is a common human reaction when difficulties of any kind arise in life. Is it God's fault that someone gets a disease; does He give people diseases? My answer to both of these questions is no.

To start of with I need to explain how diseases came into the world; to do this we must go back to original sin, not sin nowadays. In Genesis 3, there is an account of the first sin by mankind (Adam & Eve eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil) and the consequences of the first sin. When the first sin was committed we lost our innocence, we fell and the world fell. Thus, the human body was allowed to contract diseases. 

Now, why do people get diseases? Frankly, I have no idea why people get diseases. Isaiah 55:9 says: "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." God acts without telling humans why, he doesn't have to tell us why. His ways would likely confuse us if he did tell reveal them to us because His ways are higher than ours. No matter what happens to anyone, God allows things to happen for a reason. Here's why I believe that: Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

From my experience as a disabled person, I have been through things in life that God gave me the strength to get through. I don't know God's plan for my life, but I know He has a plan for me (even with a disability).

9 comments:

  1. So proud of you! You inspire so many of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Zach, I am not being a wise guy, but if this life would be perfect, we would not look for the next life so much! Roll on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zach I am proud to be your Mom and I am continually amazed by you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zach, I thank the Lord for the faith He has given you. You inspire me each and every day. Praise God and Worship His Holy Name.
    Keith Porter

    ReplyDelete
  5. God is using Zach to encourage us. I pray we will encourage Zach by sharing his blog with others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zach, thanks for sharing you inspiring message. As Joni Eareckson Tada has commented many times, "God permits what he hates, to accomplish what He loves.....God has not abandoned people with disabilities; he is working though them."

    Joni and Friends Response
    www.joniandfriends.org

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with KP, God is using Zach to encourage others. This is another wonderfully inspirational message and I suspect there's many more to come :)
    JB

    ReplyDelete